This recipe was born out of a need to use up a bag of puffed quinoa. It turned out to be a really delicious, sweet, creamy and crunchy snack, which takes minimal effort. We just finished this batch and I already feel like making more. You could certainly sub the quinoa for puffed rice or buckwheat or also amaranth. I’m guessing the recipe also works with regular chocolate instead of cocoa butter, but I recommend the latter for its creaminess and mild taste, which goes so well with coconut. The bars should be kept in the fridge, they stay fresh for at least a week.
Puffed quinoa- cocoa butter bars
- 100 g of puffed quinoa
- 50 g of grated coconut
- 100 g of cocoa butter
- 50 g of coconut oil
- 50 g of coconut blossom sugar or raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Mix the quinoa with the grated coconut and the sugar in a flat container or dish lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the cocoa butter and the coconut oil and add with the maple syrup to the quinoa mix.
- Mix everything well and pat down the mixture with a spatula until it's completely flat.
- Put the container in the freezer for two hours.
- Remove the now firm mixture from the container and cut it into pieces.